Sunday, March 7, 2010

Moo!!!!

I'm not very happy with myself right now. In May of 2009, after 8 months of keeping off the 37 pounds I had spent 6 months loosing, I was 13 pounds away from my optimum weight. I put on & zipped up a pair of jeans I bought when I was 13. OK, to be fair I couldn't sit down in them. Or, you know, breath, but the fact is, they were on & zipped! I gave away all of my fat clothes. I didn't need them anymore. I went clothes shopping. For myself.
Fast forward to now. I've regained all but 7 of the pounds I lost. So now I'm back to needing to loose 43 pounds. 43 POUNDS!!!
The really pathetic part is, I know how to loose weight. I know how to keep it off. But I got lazy. It really is just that simple. I step on the scale & think, oh, it's only a pound. Oh, It's only five pounds. It creeps up on you. I stopped walking 15,000 steps a day & settled for 10,000. Then it was 7500. Some days I'm only getting 5000.
This sucks. Really.
But fortunately, I know how to do this. I need to watch what I eat. I need to take 15,000 steps a day. And I need to drink more water.
At 1500 Calories + 15,000 steps + 150 ounces of water a day, I lost 30 pounds in eight weeks in 2 years ago. My weight loss slowed down after that, but I still lost pretty consistently. I can do that again. I will loose this weight.

2 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Good luck to you! I have faith you will be able to loss the weight.

I keep thinking I need to get back into my excercising again here. I lost 20 pounds last year with exercising 3 nights a week and I have not done my normal routine since before Christmas. I am so afraid I am going to gain it all back and I worked so hard to get it off.

But Good luck to you! You CAN DO IT! :)

le Chef said...

Good luck to you then. I'm in my lazy phase right now, so I'm being fairly successful at gaining.