Monday, February 8, 2010

Huh?

Swagbucks deactivated my account! What? WHY? According to the rules, there are 3 possible reasons:
1. I have more than 1 account. ~~~Nope
2. There is more than one account registered to this household.~~~Again, nope.
3. I am using it wrong (IE "unnatural" searches.)~~~Huh?

Yup, I do a LOT of searches. Yup, I click on the same websites many times a day. But, the rules also state that if Swagbucks thinks you are "cheating" they will give you a warning. Did I get a warning? Nope.
Ah, but there may be a clue in the "Search Engine Sweepstakes" official rules.

"The browser through which you access Sponsor's website to enter must accept cookies or any similar, successor, known, or hereinafter devised technology which Sponsor does or may use to track Sweepstakes entries. Sponsor will not disclose any cookie results to third parties except as required under statute, court order, warrant, subpoena, or any other legal process"

So...I wonder...does the fact that my cookies clear EVERY time I close my browser have something to do with it? If leaving cookies on my computer is the price to pay for Swagbucks, no, uh-uh.

I have emailed Swagbucks & am waiting to see if I get a response.
Having been doing this for a grand total of 3 weeks, I'm sure I've made mistakes.
Still, if I am doing something wrong, a warning (which they clearly say they will give you) would have been nice.

So not happy right now }:-(

No comments: